- Electrical engineering from National Taiwan University
- Electrical engineering and computer science from University of California, Berkeley
- Dr. Mark Liu is currently executive Chairman of TSMC. Prior to assuming this post, he was President and Co-CEO from November 2013 to June 2018 and Co-Chief Operating Officer from March 2012 to November 2013. Before that, he was Senior Vice President of Operations from 2009 to 2012. From 2006 to 2009, he was a Senior Vice President responsible for the Advanced Technology Business at TSMC. He served in a number of executive positions at TSMC Fabs and the Operations organization from 2000 to 2006, and from 1999 to 2000, he was President of Worldwide Semiconductor Manufacturing Corp.
- Prior to joining TSMC, from 1987 to 1993, he was with AT&T Bell Laboratory, Holmdel, NJ, as a research manager for the High Speed Electronics Research Laboratory, working on optical fiber communication systems. From 1983 to 1987, he was a process integration manager of CMOS technology development at Intel Corporation, Santa Clara, CA, developing silicon process technologies for Intel microprocessors.
- Mark Liu received B.S. degree in electrical engineering from National Taiwan University. He received M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering and computer science from University of California, Berkeley.